Tuesday, July 7, 2009

discoveries

Phineas has been VERY busy the last week or so. Everyday he has made a new discovery and built upon it. His smiles are infectious and his constant cooing is heart melting.
He has discovered he has hands, he has feet and a voice! Such a busy little boy. He now loves his swing and is very content to sit on his own quietly and absorb all that is around him. It is amazing to watch. Of course an update wouldn't be complete without some photographic evidence.

Phineas
yes he is cross eyed but he is watching as he moves his hand in front of his face. It isn't like his arms are that long! He absolutely loves to look at his feet, he smiles and coos at them. He also seems to enjoy looking at my hands. I spread out my fingers and wiggle them and you can tell he is taking notes! I see hi-fives in his near future.

Phineas
doesn't he just melt your heart? This is usually the look I get while he is cooing at me. What a charmer!!

Phineas
here he is in his swing. I am so happy he is finally enjoying it. He stares up at the mobile and talks to the sea creatures. He will sit in there for a long time and he has even fallen asleep. The reason this is amazing is because he had never gone to sleep on his own before this. We have always had to hold, rock or pat him to sleep.

Getting to 8 weeks has been quite an adventure but I think Phineas is really starting to take shape. He is less fussy and so much more interactive. We will update again after his doctors appointment and fill you in on all his stats.

1 comment: